- 07-Apr-2017 to 06-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Freeburg, MO, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits Package oncluding Medical, Dental, 401k, Profit Sharing,
The employee relations manager is responsible for managing a range of activities related to employee/labor relations and staffing functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs and coordinates preparation of position descriptions, ensures FLSA classification compliance and oversees job evaluations.
- Acts as a liaison between department managers and employees
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, reviews liability reports, monitors program costs and recommends policy changes to the director of human resources.
- Directs the development of staffing strategies.
- Develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to executive placement.
- Develops, streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting and analysis.
- Leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals.
- Handles college relations and oversees various sourcing and internship programs.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
This position is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the manufacturing area.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position other than occasional travel to sites regarding employee relations issues or training.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resource management or related field or equivalent level of experience, training and education.
- Three to five years of experience at a management or senior administrative level with emphasis on employee/labor relations.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of immigration laws and processes.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
[This section lists visa requirements, H-1B sponsorship, special clearances, etc. If applicable, insert information regarding government contracts or special requirements.]
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.