- 11-Apr-2017 to 10-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Freeburg, MO, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Full Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and profit sharing
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Summary Quaker Windows is one of the fastest growing companies in mid-Missouri. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who can deliver detailed product concepts and then back up those concepts with written justification. The Mechanical Engineer will work and collaborate as part of the Quaker engineering team. The successful candidate for this position will be able to take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, taking into consideration design, budgeting, manufacturing and operational considerations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform initial and ongoing design development and reviews.
- Deliver documentation offering a analysis and suggestions for corrective action.
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those product design.
- Design plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) software.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects
- Design and develop products based on the right solution to meet our customers needs.
- Ability to work as part of a team, responds to direction, commits to extra hours of work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by manager. Some supervisory responsibilities.
Skills, Education and/or Experience An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required (Master's preferred)
- Licensed as a BSME
- 8+ years' project management experience
- 4+ years' experience in an engineering leadership role
- Strong knowledge of CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills
- Knowledge and experience using SolidWorks software.
- Ability to read and render architectural drawings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Limited travel to visit project sites and/or attend events.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This position requires standard office duties, but will require visits to and collaboration with manufacturing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at the discretion of management any time with or without notice.